How to clean a commercial deep fryer?
A commercial deep fryer is a major asset to any hospitality establishment and is vital for adding flavour and texture to favourite foods. However, it can get messy when used on a daily basis. The good thing is that you can keep these units running in good condition by doing some routine cleaning throughout the week.
So what is the procedure of cleaning? Below are some useful instructions on how to clean a commercial deep fryer.
Things you need to clean a commercial deep fryer-
- Personal Protective Equipment like heat-proof gloves, protective eyeglasses and apron
- Fryer Cleaner like liquid or packets (for interior surfaces)
- Oven & Grill Cleaner (for exterior surfaces)
- Synthetic scrub pad
- Long-handled brush compatible with high temperatures
- Freshwater or water hose for rinsing
- Paper towels/clean cloths
- Fryer clean out rod
- Oil pan drum
- Turn off the fryer, and let the oil inside cool down.
- Once the oil cools down, drain it from the machine into a container for future use.
- Using a cleaning brush or scraper, remove the buildup from the walls and base of the fryer.
- After scrapping down, fill the fryer with water up to the level line. Add a suitable grease-cleaning solution or detergent to the water.
- Turn on the fryer and boil the water along with added detergent or solution for 5-10 minutes. This will help eliminate excess grease remaining in the machine.
- Once boiled, turn the fryer off and allow the water to cool down significantly. Discard the water in a container once cool enough.
- Take a sponge or paper towel and wipe off the bottom and sidewalls. Mix warm water and cleaner in a bowl or bucket, take a soft bristle brush, and scrub down areas of the interior to get rid of any residue.
- Rinse it with water to remove the soapy mixture and oil remnants. Repeat the above step if you still see any residue. Rinse again when complete.
Clean the outside of commercial fryer using warm water and a degreasing cleaner or detergent. Add the cleaning solution in a spray bottle to make the application easy. Wipe it clean using a washcloth or non-abrasive sponge.
In the end
Regularly cleaning commercial deep fryer saves you energy, time and money. With regular cleaning, you can help extend the life of your equipment for the long run.